We want your students and staff to get the most out of our tutoring programs. To ensure this, we offer teachers and administrators Professional Development to provide the tools to successfully implement our 1-to-1 tutoring services, align tutoring to the student’s core classroom and utilize FEV Tutor’s weekly reporting in a meaningful manner.
FEV Tutor Implementation Process
Before launching any tutoring program, the FEV Educational Program Manager dedicated to your account will travel onsite to conduct a blueprint/vision meeting with your leadership team. During the implementation process we learn from your teachers and administrators the details of the students’ core learning environment and discuss your school’s unique need areas for academic support and improvement. Based on your identified needs, our Educational Program Managers draw from their knowledge of successful FEV tutoring models to recommend a solution that best aligns with your goals.
Together we work with your staff to finalize the blueprint that will set the foundation for a customized virtual tutoring program that is completely tailor-fit to your students’ specific needs.
Professional Development Offerings
Training & Best Practices
Once the vision and blueprint for your virtual tutoring program is established, our Educational Program Managers also provide onsite training to your classroom teachers and key stakeholders.
During this on-site training, we review:
- Best Practices in communicating and collaborating with FEV Tutor
- Success stories & effective tutoring models
- Classroom best practices to use 21st Century technology effectively
- Setting student expectations for success
- How to use FEV’s weekly data and reports to make informed classroom decisions
- Tools to continually shape and mold tutoring to represent an extension of core classroom instruction
- How to establish a 2-way data share between your teachers and FEV Tutor
Ongoing Professional Development
Once the virtual tutoring services begin, FEV Tutor provides ongoing opportunities for professional development for you and your staff. Our Educational Program Managers are in weekly contact with your teachers and administrators to share student progress updates.
Weekly Webinars & Data Analysis:
- Overview tutoring program – update
- Feedback from teachers, students, administrators
- A look at the data – What does it mean?
- Changes and tweaks for next week
Program Reports – Monthly
In-depth progress reports are reviewed on a monthly basis. When progress reports are released, FEV Tutor can analyze the results with you via webinar or during a scheduled site visit.
- Site Visits – Schedule determined in blueprint meeting
- Assess the Effectiveness of the Intervention – At the conclusion of the tutoring program FEV can sit down and review internal FEV Tutor and School Benchmark data to gauge the success of the tutoring program and the return on your investment.